Monday, October 4, 2010

"Parmesan Chicken"


Well I put this title in quotes cause I know it isn't really Parmesan chicken but that is what I call it cause I like to pretend that the other ingredient doesn't exist. I got this recipe from my mom and I love it the chicken is always so moist and tasty. I remember calling her from Colorado one day while on a high school trip to try and get the recipe so I could cook it for everyone and I have remembered it since then. Granted it is pretty easy.
Ingredients
Chicken Breasts or I use Chicken Schnitzel in NZ
Mayo
Parmesan
1) Mix mayo and grated parm together till you get a nice grainy looking mayo. I use alot of parm cause I like it. You can't have too much
2) Place chicken on an plain baking dish (I use my 13x9 pyrex)
3) Cover chicken with parm mixture and place under the grill/broiler until it gets nice and brown (like in the picture)
4) Turn over and repeat on the other side
Now you have to know your oven and how it will cook cause back in Houston the broiler would be enough to cook the chicken but I find my oven will grill it too quickly before the chicken is cooked. So I crank the oven up while I prepare then stick the chicken in a hot oven and leave to bake for a few minutes (about 5) to get it cooked through then follow the rest. Be careful on the second side if you have it nice and brown and leave it in the oven I find it will continue to brown, so if you want to bake a bit then do it before you brown. Also no cheating and using light mayo or for the New Zealanders it has to be the good stuff the thick stuff (American Style, Best Foods, or Seriously Good Mayonnaise) Otherwise it is too runny and the topping will just run off and that is the best bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment