Friday, March 19, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

After recieving 2kgs of Blueberries I decided I needed to find a good muffin recipe so tried a few different ones and found that I really like this one. The muffin part is really fluffy and the topping is fatastic! Haven't tried it without the topping but I am sure it would still be great.

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
milk
1 cup blueberries

Topping
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter cubed
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)

1. Heat oven to 400F/200C
2. Combine flour, sugar, sald and baking powder
3. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup, add the egg and enough milk to make 1 cup.
4. Mix with flour mixture.
5. Fold in blueberries.
6. Fill greased muffin cups almost to the top and sprinkle with topping. I use silicone muffin cups and don't grease them at all and they are perfect.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes

Topping
1. Mix sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon (if using) and mix together with a fork or fingers till well combined, will be clumpy.

2 comments:

  1. looks great! I'm still looking for that perfect blueberry recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well let me know if you find a good one, I really like this one but who knows there could be better.

    ReplyDelete