Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fudge Brownies

This is a recipe I got from my Aunt Candice. We have been making them since I was little which I can prove since I am using the recipe from an elementry school cook book. They are really easy to make and everyone loves them.

Ingredients
Brownies
3/4 cup or 175g butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1tsp vanilla
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup flour

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
4 tbls butter
4 tbsp cocoa
1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar (icing sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbls milk

1. Beat butter and sugar together.
2. Add eggs, one at a time and beat will after each egg.
3. Add vanilla.
4. Sift together flour and cocoa and add to butter mixture.
5. Mix until just blended, don't over beat or mixture will get too smooth and won't be as fudgy, more cake like then.
6. Put in UNGREASED 13x9 pan and bake at 350F/180C for 25 min
7. Let cool and frost with frosting

Frosting
1. Beat butter and cocoa together.
2. Add powder/icing sugar and mix well.
3. Add vanilla and mix.
4. Add milk tbls at a time until you get the desired consitency.

This is a great frosting and I use it for lots of things, probably one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment