Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Curry Puffs




I went to a Thai restuaruant the other day and tried these things called Curry Puffs, they were really good and I decided to try and make them myself. I didn't get it exactly the same but I think I got the basics down so now I can just try different variations. It is a good way to use some left overs as well such as left over meat and potatoes. Essentially it is deep fried pastry, why I never thought of this before is beyond me.

Ingredients
Puff Pastry
Meat with some seasoning, I used left over Chicken Tikka Marsala
Oil for frying

1. Heat Oil, I used a deep fryer but you could use a pot and some oil if you like.
2. Cut Puff pastry into squares, I used about 3inch squares.
3. Place filling/meat onto pastry and enclose, make sure it is sealed tightly. Might want to use some water or egg/milk wash it make sure you have a good seal, but I didn't use any and didn't have problems.
4. Place in deep fryer/oil. It will seem like the oil isn't hot cause there isn't the usual sizzle but it is and the pastry will soon rise to the top and fizzle away.
5. Turn over after a few minutes.
6. Once nice and golden brown and the pastry is starting to seperate a bit take out and drain.





Ingredients

Puff PastryCurried Meat, (I used some left over Chicken Tikka Marsala)

No comments:

Post a Comment